At the peak of the drive-in theater’s popularity, between the late 1950s and early 1960s, there were roughly 4,000 drive-in theaters across the United States. Today there are fewer than 400. Luckily, we have the Sunset Drive-in in San Luis Obispo, which TripAdvisor named the 10th best drive-in theater in the country.
Some advantages of the drive-in:
* Your crying baby or toddler won’t cause others to miss that key line
* You can talk freely in your car about plot twists without giving it away to everyone else
* You can crank up the volume to make it sound like explosions are in your car
* More privacy for date night
* You don’t have to sit next to potentially weird strangers
Thanks to @darenstottrup for sharing his photo of his first trip to the Sunset. If you’re out and about, remember to share your photos with the hashtag ShareSLO.