Can’t afford the time for a full-blown Central Coast Road Trip? Well, that’s okay…take a desktop road trip via these webcam views along California’s Central Coast. Warning: desktop road trips can be highly addictive.
In the VENTURA REGION
Ventura County offers everything from whale-watching and the Channel Islands National park to championship golf, world-class shopping, wine tours, and one of the best year-round climates in North America.
Just off the coast of Ventura the truly spectacular Channel Islands—five natural jewels off shore—each have their own webcam.
– Stunning views of an amber colored kelp forest, home to nearly one thousand marine species: Channel Islands Kelp Forest Cam
– Incredible views of Channel Island National park’s iconic Arch Rock, its historic lighthouse, seabird rookeries, sunsets and marine life: Anacapa Island Cove Cam
– Just outside a cave on California’s remote Anacapa Island lives a family of peregrine falcons. Since 2013, the adult couple has nested here; watch as they lay and protect their eggs and feed and nurture their hatchlings until they are ready to fledge: Anacapa Peregrine Falcon Cam
– The top of Mount Diablo, also known as Devil’s Peak, is the tallest mountain on California’s Channel Islands. Here, 2,429 feet above the ocean, keep an eye out for stunning sunsets, crashing waves, curious foxes, and soaring eagles: Mount Diablo on Santa Cruz Cam
– The cozy next of a bald eagle family: Sauces Bald Eagles Cam
– Eagle parents protect their eggs, feed the chicks, and raise them to fly out on their own: Fraser Point Bald Eagle Cam
In the SANTA BARBARA REGION
In the SAN LUIS OBISPO REGION
With historic missions and a bustling college town, San Luis Obispo County includes irresistible beach communities and an international reputation for winemaking.
The seaside fishing village of Morro Bay, with bustling waterfront offers a picture perfect getaway for all types of travelers who seek a getaway found in a gorgeous natural setting. See what’s going on through this Morro Bay Cam.
Hearst San Simeon State Park is one of the oldest units of the California State Park System. The coastal bluffs and promontories of the scenic park offer unobstructed views of the ocean and rocky shore. The elephant seals that call this place home are a must-see when you’re in Piedras Blancas.
In the MONTEREY BAY REGION
Monterey Region is nestled along the breathtaking Central Coast of California, and is the ideal destination to help relax, invigorate and inspire. Loaded with unique activities and sights that you can only see here, it’s a perfect getaway location.
– Get an up-close look at the delicate sea nettles in the Open Sea exhibit through this Jelly Cam.
– Spot sharks, rays and other fishes as they cruise through the rocky reef through this Shark Cam.
– Watch the aviary cam carefully—you never know who’ll stroll by through this Aviary Cam.
– See the sights from the Aquarium’s ocean-view decks through this Monterey Bay Cam.
Further north in Santa Cruz County, Año Nuevo State Park is home to Elephant Seals. This camera provides displays several angles for 30 seconds before panning to the next position. Año Nuevo Island is not accessible for the general public. It has been set aside as a Natural Preserve, dedicated as habitat for a diversity of wildlife.
Santa Cruz is known for its beaches and surfing spots. Take a look at the iconic surf spot, Steamer Lane. And for more of the beach life, see what’s happening in the quaint beachfront town of Capitola.
Ahhh, these live streaming videos are great, but let’s be honest – there’s nothing like visiting the Central Coast in person. Get off your couch and make your own California Road Trip now.